Maintaining a vehicle is not an easy task, especially when the rising cost of maintenance puts a dent in your wallet. Diagnosing the statistics and performance is essential to maintain the car well and fix the issues before they get out of hand. Fixd and Hum are two top devices in the automobile industry used to diagnose the issues in vehicles.
While both of these devices work well and ensure a great diagnosis, there are quite a few differences between the two. In this guide, we will discuss the two devices and compare them with one another to help you determine which one is better than the other.
- Proper maintenance of cars is essential to make sure that it lasts longer with great performance.
- Fixd and Hum are tools used to identify issues with car health. Both of these devices properly scan and provide a report about the vehicle's condition.
- There are quite a few similarities between the two car diagnosis devices.
FIXD Vs Hum: Comparison Chart
Let’s see their key differences.
FIXD Vs Hum: Comprehensive Comparison
What Is It?
Suitable for all cars manufactured after the year 1996, Fixd is a highly efficient tool used for diagnosing the condition and health of the car. The sensors used in this system scan the car properly within a few minutes and show you a detailed report.
It helps to identify the issues of the cars and what requires repairing or maintenance. Not only that, but it also gives you an estimation of how much money you need to spend, depending on the issue. The device also allows you to access the history of the vehicle, allowing the car mechanic to understand the issue better.
Hum is a high-performing car diagnosis device. Since the device is developed and manufactured by Verizon, it connects easily with the widespread network of the company. Similar to Fixd, Hum scans your vehicle and identifies all the issues that require proper attention.
The device also works to inform you about the history of your car along with its speed, mileage, and many more factors. To make the tool even smarter and more efficient, it is paired up with google assistant to ensure a better service overall.
- One of the top features of Fixd is the quick scan offered by the device. When it comes to traditionally scanning and identifying the issues of the car, it usually takes a few hours. However, the scanning and reporting are completed within a minute with the help of Fixd.
- Fixd is an easy to use car diagnosis device. Beginners, car enthusiasts, along with professionals can easily use the tool to check on the condition of the vehicle without any trouble. Not only that, but it also has the ability to detect about 6000 issues that a car can encounter.
- This efficient tool has the ability to provide an estimated cost required to make the necessary repairs along with the issues. This will give you a proper idea of how much money you have to spend.
- You can connect one Fixd device with 5 different cars and perform a proper diagnosis on all 5 vehicles. The report of 5 devices will be provided to you and the car number will be visible on the report to allow you to sort and work on them properly.
- Hum is connected to the OBD2 port of your car along with your smartphone. The device is extremely easy to use and does not require any professional guidance. It will scan the vehicle to detect problems and send a detailed report to your smartphone for easy assessment.
- A top feature of Hum is that it provides a detailed report about the car and its health as soon as you fire up the engine. This helps you to make sure that the car is safe to drive.
- If you ever get into an accident on the road, Hum uses its crash response feature paired with its artificial intelligence. This feature sends your last known address to the emergency services to get help as soon as the device gets a crash alert.
- Hum features a highly responsive mechanics hotline that allows you to instantly take help over the phone whenever you encounter a problem with your car.
How To Use?
Using Fixd to diagnose the issues of your car and check its health is not really a difficult task. Insert the device into the OBD2 port of your vehicle and wait for the sensor to establish a proper connection. Once the blue light turns on, you can connect the device to your smartphone.
You will have to download the Fixd app on your android or iPhone and provide the required information. Pair the device with your phone and choose a name for easy access as Fixd works with more than one vehicle.
The process of using Hum is quite similar to that of using Fixd. Insert the Hum device in the OBD2 port of your car and download the respective app on your android or iPhone. Pair the sensor with your phone and insert the necessary information. Wait for the sensor to establish a secure connection with your smartphone and you are good to go.
Number Of Vehicles
Fixd can pair up with 5 vehicles at the same time. It scans and detects the issues on the 5 cars and sends all the reports to your smartphone app. Each report comes with the vehicle number of the car which allows you to easily sort and identify the reports.
You can simply assess the reports and work on the issues to maintain the great longevity of your vehicle. However, all the vehicles must be manufactured after the year 1996.
Unlike Fixd, Hum only works and scans one vehicle at a time. One Hum device can only connect with one vehicle and conduct scans, identify defects, and so on. However, similar to Fixd, the vehicle you are pairing with Hum must be manufactured after 1996.
Fixd is an amazing and high-performing car diagnosis device suitable for beginners, car experts, and even professionals. The vehicle history along with fast scanning and cost estimation made this device a powerful tool in the automobile industry.
Even though the functionality of Hum and Fixd is the same, Hum offers much more features compared to Fixd. Vehicle diagnosis along with the crash response, mechanic response hotline, and detailed car report makes Hum a popular choice in the industry.
Where To Buy It?
Fixd can be purchased from the official website of the company. You can also find it on Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy.
You can find Hum for purchase on their official website. It can also be purchased from large online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and many more.
Fixd Vs Hum: Which One Is Better?
The main purpose of Fixd and Hum is quite similar as both of these devices work to make our car maintenance issues easier. Both of these devices have their own similarities and differences. When it comes to determining which car diagnosis device is the better one between these two, it typically depends on the preference of the users.
While Fixd ensures a fast scanning feature and provides estimated repair costs, Hum utilizes its crash response to alert services and authorities of crashes and accidents. On the other hand, Fixd has the ability to work with 5 vehicles at the same time while Hum works with only one.
Even though maintaining a car is expensive, ensuring proper maintenance is non-negotiable to make the vehicle last longer. As you can see from the Hum and Fixd reviews, both are outstanding choices when it comes to diagnosing and identifying the issues of your car that require attention and maintenance.
I hope that the comparison of Fixd Vs Hum will help you to make a good choice for your car, depending on your choices and requirements. Make sure to regularly check the vehicle reports and take proper actions if necessary.